About the Adoption Process
Thank you for your interest in potentially adopting through Woof Love Rescue! Each month we take a selection of dogs and puppies into our private foster homes. Once those dogs arrive into rescue our goal is to allow them to settle into their foster homes, taking time to evaluate their health and temperament and begin to learn what their individual needs might be. After such time has passed we will list available dogs for adoption on our Facebook page and/or PetFinder platform and will begin accepting applications for those dogs, making potential matches.
Typically, dogs can be seen listed on our Facebook group page closer to the end of the week of arrival so stay tuned!
Follow our group here – https://www.facebook.com/groups/745528235619609
- At this time the rescue is operating within a TWO hour drive time restriction for meets and adoptions You must live within two hours of our foster homes, most in the SJ area. NJ/PA/DE adoption area
- If you are inquiring about a specific pup, whether on Facebook or Petfinder, please READ the post/description – the information needed to apply is within those posts. There is an email address listed for the adoption coordinator you need to contact for/with your application. This person is often not the foster family and private messages/comments are not always received/read. Direct questions to the listed email address.
- Please notice any special requirements that may be listed. There is always a reason when we list a requirement or restriction, and it is based on each individual dog and their current needs as noted by the rescue. If there are other requirements they will be discussed during the application process with your adoption coordinator prior to adoptions.
- You only need to submit ONE application (in a 6 month period given there are no changes to be made). If the dog you are interested in is spoken for/not a match and you see a different pup of interest, please EMAIL us, and let us know. Your communication is key.
- Please complete your application accurately and fill it out completely. Incomplete applications may be discarded or delayed. If you need help filling out your application, please email us and ask for help. Include yourself when listing household members and include ages.
- Approvals are not complete without a phone interview. If your application is approved, you will have had a phone interview with an adoption coordinator from Woof Love.
- An approved general application still needs to be reviewed to be a potential match for a dog of interest. Not every dog will be a match for every home. We want the dog you bring home to be the dog that is well suited for your family for a lifetime of puppy love!
- If you are matched with a pup, you will be notified.
- We process applications and match pups based on the needs of the dog therefore it is NOT a first come first served basis.
- Applications processed first are for dogs that are currently available for adoption.
- Not all applications received will be processed. If the dog you requested is not available due to not being a match or has already been spoken for, please continue to watch the Facebook page/petfinder. When you see another pup of interest EMAIL the volunteer you were working with (if it got that far) or the listed volunteer. The team of adoption coordinators are in constant communication when necessary.
We know how exciting it is to be looking for a new furry family member. And we know that this is a difficult time for many to adopt as there are so many who now have the time to dedicate to training and care of a pup. We do our best to help as many as we can.
If you have a question, help for dog or want to advertise/fundraise please email [email protected] or the volunteer you sent your application to.